Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Breathe, Breathe In The Air"


Just noting down some random memories from my other blog I will be writing in the future: Growing up at the end of the lane.
I think I was 13  or so when I came across the piece of paper on a dresser in my grandmother's(Dorothy Roland) sewing room with the words she had copied from the song, Breathe, by Pink Floyd. This was typical of stuff I found that my grandma had copied. She had some notebooks where she accumulated writings that she came across that she liked, but she also had stuff like this just laying around. Here are the lyrics that she had copied from Pink Floyd’s song. 

 "Breathe, breathe in the air
 Don't be afraid to care
 Leave but don't leave me
 Look around and chose your own ground
 For long you live and high you'll fly
 And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
 And all you touch and all you see
 Is all your life will ever be

 Run, run rabbit run
 Dig that hole, forget the sun,
 And when at last the work is done
 Don't sit down it's time to dig another one
 For long you live and high you’ll fly
 But only if you ride the tide
 And balanced on the biggest wave
 You race toward an early grave."

Here is a version of the song for those who want to listen: The video is trippy art. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v3JaCYFNzs 

Some important people in my life have left, and I don't know where they are.   For those people who were important and special to me who left, this song reminds me of you.  
“Leave, but don’t leave me.
Look around and chose your ground,
For long you live and high you’ll fly
And smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be."

 Missing these people:
Lisa Roland/cousin
Steve Tucker/friend
Steve Frye/friend
Rick Mosher/step dad (deceased)
Michael Cuomo/ex boyfriend
Marco!!/friend

 

No comments:

Post a Comment